An item of merchandise of the Original Series
|Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection|
|Release Date||25 February 2019|
Display stand and collectors magazine.
|Available at Amazon – Purchase|
|Available at Eaglemoss – Purchase|
The Classic Galactica is issue #7 from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection, a series of collectible models from the Battlestar Galactica multiverse.
From Eaglemoss' product page:
- The Galactica (TOS) was built by the Twelve Colonies under Commander Adama and was thought to be the only flagship to survive the Thousand Yahren War with the Cylons. It was constructed for spaceflight, with a form that was part warship and part aquatic creature and was designed to carry a 500-strong crew of military and support personnel, including pilots of the Colonial Vipers. Despite the threat of the Cylons and depleting resources, Commander Adama gave the surviving crew and refugees hope to find the Thirteenth Colony that was settled on the planet Earth.
- This incredible die-cast Galactica (TOS) measures approx 10.5 inches long and is brought to life in die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. Comes complete with a 16-page collector’s magazine providing an in-depth profile of the ship, exclusive behind the scenes articles and original design sketches.
The collector's magazine for this item features:
- Page 1: Front Cover
- Page 2: Stand Assembly Instructions
- Page 3: Design Spec
- Page 4: Ship Profile
- Pages 8 - 9: Orthographic Views and Callouts
- Pages 10 - 14: Behind the Scenes - "Leader of the Pack"
- Page 15: Advertisement for Issue 8 - Battlestar Pegasus
Erroneously interspersed within the magazine are insignia and emblems from the Re-imagined Series exclusively:
- Colonial seal on the back cover, in the background of page 2, and across the page spread of 8 and 9;
- Galactica seal on the front cover next to the ship's name;
- Emblems for each of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol in the bottom margin of pages 8 and 14, and the upper margin of page 9;
- Primus' squadron emblem on the top of page 3, and the left margin of page 8.
Product on a turntable by Eaglemoss.
- Hero Collector: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BATTLESTAR REVEALS (web.archive.org backup link)
- Eaglemoss USA: Galactica (TOS) Product Listing (web.archive.org backup link)
- Eaglemoss UK: Battlestar Classic Galactica Ship 1978 Series Product Listing (web.archive.org backup link)
- Eaglemoss German: Battlestar Classic Galactica (1978) Series Product Listing (web.archive.org backup link)
- ↑ This page count includes the front and back magazine cover.
- ↑ The Twelve Colonies of Man did not have noticeable symbology.