Modern Cylon Raider (Eaglemoss)
|"Modern Cylon Raider"|
An item of merchandise of the Re-imagined Series
|Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection|
|Release Date||3 July 2018|
Display stand and collectors magazine.
|Available at Amazon – Purchase|
|Available at Eaglemoss – Purchase|
The Modern Cylon Raider is issue #2 from Eaglemoss' Battlestar Galactica: The Official Ships Collection, a series of collectible models from the Battlestar Galactica multiverse.
From Eaglemoss' product page:
- The Cylon Raider, also know as the sparrow, is a sleek and deadly Strike Interceptor and the primary attack fighter used by the Cylons. It can speed past its enemies' ships and hunt down its targets. These new Raiders are cybernetic and capable of being "reborn", just like the Cylons, into new Raiders after being destroyed. It is made of a complex system of organs, veins and biological fluids inside the main body which enables the "reborn" ability. This provides the Cylons with a distinct tactical advantage in essence that every time a Cylon Raider is destroyed, it is reborn slightly improved having "learned" through each life-cycle it undergoes.
- This Cylon Raider ship measures approximately 9.8 inches long and is brought to life in die-cast metal and high-quality ABS materials. It also comes complete with a 16-page collector’s magazine providing an in-depth profile of the ship, exclusive behind the scenes articles, original design sketches, and an interview with series developer, Ronald D. Moore.
The collector's magazine for this item features:
- Page 1: Front Cover
- Page 2: Stand Assembly Instructions
- Page 3: Design Spec
- Page 4: Ship Profile
- Pages 8 - 9: Orthographic Views and Callouts
- Pages 10 - 13: Behind the Scenes - "Brought to Life" with Eric Chu
- Page 14: Interview: Ronald D. Moore - "Raider Reinvention"
- Page 15: Advertisement for Issue 3 - Modern Galactica
- This page count includes the front and back magazine cover.